New to fundraising? We've got you covered!
Fundraising can be daunting when you start off, but keep it simple - start small!
Reach out to your closest friends, family and colleagues. You will be surprised at how much generosity is out there.
- Share the image on the right with your contacts to highlight the work CareFlight does in the Top End. Scroll down to find the download button.
- Send a group message to your close contacts letting them know you're getting fit and raising funds that will save lives
- Donate to yourself to kick things off
- Tag three of your closest friends on Facebook requesting just $5 (a takeway coffee)
- Share a video or photo of you working towards your goals on social media - you could even livestream you and/or your team while exercising!
- Join the Territory Challenge Facebook group. We'll post content about our lifesaving work and the patients we have saved for you to share with your network.
- Ask a philantropic contact or the company you work for to match your donations dollar for dollar. This could be for the whole month, or a particular day or week of your challenge.
- Use one of the images from the CareFlight Top End Facebook or instagram accounts showing our Top End crews at work and the grateful patients we care for.
- Don't forget LinkedIn - it is a great platform to reach out to businesses and professionals in your network
- Send a group email to your close contacts, a template is below:
Have you heard about my fundraising effort to support CareFlight in the Top End?
For the month of May I will be (insert your activity) to help raise vital lifesaving funds to keep the Top End Rescue Helicopter saving lives. I am aiming to raise (insert amount) but I can't do it without your help!
CareFlight care for 20 patients across the Top End every day and operate the ONLY medical rescue helicopter in the Territory. Did you know it costs $800 per hour to keep the Helicopter flying to those in need?
It would be great if you would consider donating to my cause. A gift of $30 will purchase a pair of winch gloves, a gift of $110 will purchase 24 Communication Canal Tips for the crew - these are vital when flying and allow clear communication through the headsets. If you are not able to donate at these levels, any donation will help!
To support my campaign for the CareFlight Territory Challenge, please visit careflightchallenge.org and search for my name.
Thank you in advance for supporting my effort, I couldn't do it without the generosity of people like you!
P.S I have already completed xx of my xx activity goal.
All donations above $2 are tax deductible.
Hold an event and, if required, adapt it to run virtually with free online meeting tools available. If you need help setting up virtual events don't hesitate to reach out with questions.
- Trivia night
- Movie marathon
- High tea
- Cake drive at your business or organisation
- spotify playlist dance off
- reverse vending aka cash for cans
We are getting close to the end of the finanical year. remind your supporters that come tax time all donations above $2 are tax deductible.